Updated as at 17 Dec 2017
Overview and Scope
Your personal data privacy is important to us and PostLink is highly committed in respecting and managing your Personal Data collected in line with this Policy.
When and what kind of Personal Data do we collect?
- PostLink may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- 1. When you provide Personal Data by filling in forms on our website at http://www.postlink.com.sg/ when giving feedback, asking queries, job applications and other requests and submissions;
- 2. If and when you contact PostLink, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- 3. Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, cookies, location data, weblogs and other communication data, that you access;
- 4. If and when you respond to any of PostLink’s marketing promotions or newsletters;
- 5. When you fill up job application forms to apply for a job at PostLink;
- PostLink may collect the following kinds of Personal Data through the different channels mentioned above:
- 1. Name;
- 2. Business, residential or mailing addresses;
- 3. Email addresses;
- 4. Telephone numbers;
- 5. Photos and CCTV/videos;
- Additionally, if you are applying for employment with PostLink, PostLink will collect the following:
- 1. Date of Birth;
- 2. ID/Passport numbers and copies;
- 3. Educational and employment history and professional qualifications, including testimonials and references;
- 4. Medical, legal and financial history;
- 5. Curricula Vitae.
What purposes does PostLink Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?
- PostLink may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- 1. To perform or carry out PostLink’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- 2. To enable PostLink’s subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with PostLink;
- 3. To handle products and services requests and enquiries (including for services by way of cheque or any other method);
- 4. To administer, manage and update customer records in PostLink’s databases;
- 5. To allow communications between PostLink and their customers;
- 6. To facilitate the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of PostLink’s services, programmes and events;
- 7. To plan, monitor, and enhance the provision of new services, projects, programmes and events;
- 8. To improve PostLink’s customer service through your feedback;
- 9. To process your enquiries and any and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- 10. To send regular e-newsletters;
- 11. For communications, marketing and publicity purposes;
- 12. For government, audit and other regulatory purposes;
- 13. For recruitment and evaluation purposes if you apply for a job with PostLink, i.e. to determine job suitability;
- 14. To enable PostLink to apply for insurance for employees;
- 15. For security, surveillance and monitoring purposes at PostLink offices;
- 16. For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes; and
- 17. Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers.
Consent for the collection and use of your Personal Data
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, PostLink may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
Does PostLink disclose Personal Data to third parties?
PostLink may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates, as defined in the Companies Act (Cap. 50).
On occasion, PostLink may use third party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under "What purposes does PostLink Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?" You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on PostLink’s website.
PostLink will not transfer Personal Data within or outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
For how long does PostLink retain your Personal Data?
PostLink will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by
such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
When you visit any of PostLink’s websites, PostLink may collect or analyse anonymized information from which individual information will not be identified. The information collected may include the number of users and the amount of time they stay on our website, which countries they are from, and what mode of device they are currently using to view our website, as well as domain information that helps us to learn our client’s profile, the frequency of viewing. We use this information to improve our website’s content and navigation.
Note that our cookies do not have an expiration date and do not collect personally identifiable information.
How does PostLink protect your Personal Data?
PostLink implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access and appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, PostLink cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
Links to third party websites from PostLink’s website
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Please contact us via email@example.com should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data. Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and/or disclosure is requested.
PostLink reserves the right to change this Policy with or without notice from time to time.